Monday, May 26, 2014

.Operation MCO

I've been an "ingredient-reader" for I'd say, the past four years or so. I find that if I look at the ingredients and find that it has too much sugar or too many bad foods or chemicals, I'm less inclined to buy it. Now, I look at labels 100% of the time to make sure there's no soy (and believe me, LOTS of things have soy in them). I was sick over the weekend and looking for some soy-free chicken noodle soup (as unfortunately my go-to favorite Lipton contains soy as the 4th ingredient) and was looking through the chunky soups aisle and noticed that a lot of the Campbell's soups that had chicken in them, said "modified chicken" with soy in brackets directly afterward. So all this time I thought I was eating real chicken in these soups and it may just be a soy by-product? Ew, no thanks! I did cave and buy the Sobey's brand of Alphaghetti's since it's soy-free - I don't know why I like them so much, but they are delicious and my guilty pleasure!

I've been crazy busy at work the past couple weeks and we've been spoiled with catered lunches and people bringing us snacks all week. Although most of the lunches are on the healthier side, I noticed that during the past two weeks I was eating just for the sake of eating. By the end of last week, I wasn't even hungry most of the day, but was eating anyways because I felt like I should! Needless to say, my body was NOT happy with this and I ended up feeling sick and gross for the majority of the weekend. Looking at myself in the mirror, I was not impressed - my jeans are a little bit snug so I think it's time to get back on track! My injuries have finally healed, the weather is nice enough to run outside again, and I have to bikini ready in less then two months! Insert #OperationMCO.

Last year when I was looking at getting a new day-timer, I found this cute little Etsy shop called Plum Paper Designs that made custom planners, one of which had a food/work out diary in it!  I am ashamed to say I haven't used the food/work out diary portion of it since...January. PAINFUL, I know! So as part of #OperationMCO, I am going to start making use of this way more often and tracking what I'm eating and what I'm doing for exercise during the week. I find keeping a food diary will help keep you accountable for what you eat! Obviously there are going to be days where you may have a cheat meal, but as long as that cheat meal doesn't turn into a cheat day or week, this is totally doable!


#OperationMCO is all about getting fit and ready for the summer! I'm headed to Orlando, Florida (airport code MCO) on July 16th for Stella & Dot's national conference (fingers crossed this time it WON'T be on crutches) and I want to look fit and fabulous! This means making an effort into making lunches and dinners on a daily basis, eating out less, and working out more (my work-outs will be a mixture of running, boot camp, yin yoga, and hopefully some fun things like November Project and Nike Training work outs as well). I'm going to try and go back to follow the Eat Clean diet as well - which essentially is no refined sugars, no white bread, rice or pasta, and no processed foods. I'm aiming towards eating clean 80-90% of the time as I know for me, 100% of the time would be near impossible.

I'll be documenting #OperationMCO daily through my twitter account, so feel free to follow along there and join in! Keeping a little notebook with you to mark down what foods you are consuming is easy-peasy! Summer is coming and the weather is already getting nicer - why not look and feel your very best by eating right and getting a work-out in every once and awhile? :)

PS: Check out this article on why refined sugars and "fake" sugars are not good for you! It pains me that the whole wheat cheerios I ate this morning actually taste like they have more sugar than the normal ones!

xo
-Dianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment