Sunday, May 11, 2014

.Namaste

I haven't been to yoga in a very long time. I love it, and I still even have some class passes left, but there's always an excuse not to go that I can't really pinpoint. I keep meaning to go back, but now I actually have a reason! My friend Debbie suggested that I check out Yin Yoga to help stretch out my groin muscle, and also suggested that I continue doing it once a week as it will benefit my running. The only type of yoga I've ever done is Moksha, which is done is a very hot room. I absolutely loved it! I loved the stretching and the softness of my skin afterward as all the toxins sweated out. They do Yin Yoga at the Moksha studio too, but I thought I would try looking into something a little bit different this time.



Randomly - I remember watching a segment on the news a few weeks back about the pros and cons of juicing. Although I would never do a juicing cleanse of any sort (because it doesn't make sense to me or seem healthy to only drink juice for an extended period of time), I think it's definitely something I would consider to add to a healthy diet and drink on occasion. On TV they also spoke to some people from Lotus Soul Gym Yoga so I thought I would take a look at their website for my new yoga needs. I also recalled seeing somewhere that they had a Groupon, so I searched my trusty mobile app and found it. $39 for an unlimited month of yoga? Ok, why not?! I even roped my friend Keenyn along for the ride!

I have never done "normal" yoga. The only yoga I've done is in a hot room where you can't leave without having a shower afterward because you are so soaked from sweat that you look like you just came out of a swimming pool (not that's I'm complaining, it's seriously a blast!). I wasn't really feeling antsy about it, but I'm not really sure what to expect. Is it going to be as easy to stretch when you aren't in the hot room? Is there music? Will it be able to keep my attention? This morning, I had all my questions answered when I arrived at Lotus Soul Gym to take my first Yin Yoga class!

Yoga went well. Yin Yoga is all about stretching and holding poses for a long time and it was very relaxing. I could tell that my groin muscle still hurt, but I feel better that I stretched it out. The class was super full but we had a great time and the instructor was very good. Although I think I still hot yoga better, I will definitely go back and do this one again. My weeks are pretty busy for the remainder of the month, but I'm going to do my best to hit up Yin Yoga at least once or twice a week for the remainder of my Groupon for sure and hoping to feel better! I'm also considering heading a physio consultation to see if they can recommend anything I can do during my injury, as I feel like I'm losing my running endurance - so we'll see how the week goes!

Random fun fact I learned this week: a five year old in Trenton, NJ completed a half marathon in 2013 in 2:22. That's 22 minutes faster than MY personal best time! If that's not motivation to pick up the pace - I don't know what is! Check out the article here and prepare to be blown away.

PS. Happy Mother's Day Mom. So glad I got to spend some time with you yesterday since you were sick today! You are so strong and I love ya! Dad's looking down on us today. :)



xo
-Dianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment