Tuesday, March 3, 2015

.Lists

Is it weird that I function better when I make myself lists? I'm one of those people who tends to get overwhelmed when I have a lot on my plate, and I find it hard to figure out what my priorities are. My favorite way to get organized is to make myself a to-do list.

We are currently eight days away from Baby Peanut's expected arrival. Of course we are aware that it could also be 14 days...or three days. The waiting game is tough! We recently did some shopping at Ikea to pick up a couple of shelving/storage units to help us get some organization done in the house and hubby spent a good chunk of Sunday building everything (I was really no help). Currently - our house looks a little bit like we just moved in: there seems to be stuff EVERYWHERE. At the same time, I think it actually looks more overwhelming than it actually is. To prevent myself from feeling anxiety & stress, I've made myself a little to-do list of some things that I'd like to get done this week and prioritized them. This way, if I don't get to every single one before the baby is born, I'll at least be able to get the more important ones done and not have to worry about hubby having to take on the cleaning burden when we want to spend quality time with our newborn.



We are also very lucky that our friend Sarah with Pernickety Cleaning Services has offered to clean our house this week! It will be such a relief to have the house looking great when people come over for a visit. If you are looking for a cleaning service or pet-sitting service - definitely check her out!

I wouldn't consider myself a hoarder, but I notice I tend to keep a lot of stuff. I think I get that from my Dad. I'm one of those people who is fairly organized but doesn't look it! Even though there may be stuff everywhere, I usually know exactly where everything is. Sometimes it's just a matter of figuring out where to file it, put it, or deciding if I should just throw it out. I find our problem is sometimes we come home and leave something somewhere, whether it be a bag or some papers, and then it just gets forgotten about and left there and that's where it all starts.

I've found that my nesting instincts are starting to kick in as once I get into a groove I just keep going.   The past few days I've been relaxing when I get up, doing some work in the afternoon and then resting in the evening. Standing for long periods of time is starting to prove to be a little difficult :).

Today, I've been relaxing all morning so I think it's time to get moving for the day. There's a bit of adrenaline knowing that the baby could really come any time and there's still stuff we want to get done before he makes his arrival!

xo
-Dianne

PS: Last night I tried out two recipes from pinterest! Chili Mac & Cheese and Caramel Banana Loaf. The chili mac & cheese turned out more for me like extra cheesy chili, but I was ok with that. It was delicious! I added some extra pasta and some gnocchi so it thickened up quite nicely! It also made a ton so I was able to add one more meal to our freezer meals stash. The caramel banana loaf was only ok. I used whole wheat flower instead of regular and coconut crystals instead of sugar and it wasn't too bad but I've definitely had better. It only asked for a tablespoon of caramel and I think that was the problem. It was very moist though so I may give the recipe another try another time and see if I can alter it slightly!



0 comments:

Post a Comment