Saturday, March 21, 2015

.Missed

There were a few things I really missed while I was pregnant:
  • Medium rare steak
  • Eggs Benedict (poached soft with a ton of hollandaise sauce)
  • Sushi
  • Super hot showers/baths
  • Hot tubs
  • Running
Unfortunately with the c-section, baths and hot tubs are out for another month or so. When I get the all-clear, I'm actually tempted to go buy a day pass for a YMCA or city recreation center and just go sit in the hot tub for 20 minutes - that's how much I miss it!

As for the food, I haven't had the steak, eggs or sushi yet. Once we really get settled with the baby, Brian promised he would make me one of the best steaks I've ever tasted! For eggs benedict I want to head to Urban Diner for their crab & shrimp cake eggs benedict. It's been awhile since I've had it and it's SO delicious! I can't wait! And the sushi, well I'm not sure where I'm going to get sushi yet. I've always liked sushi but I've never really craved it, so it's been awhile since I've been to a good sushi restaurant. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get some good sushi?

Sadly, in the last couple months I found out that both fundraising runs that I did last year (the Underwear Affair for cancers below the waist, and Run for Your Dad for the Heart and Stroke Foundation) have been cancelled. Not only were they cancelled for 2015, but it looks like they are going to be cancelled for good. This makes me so sad! I picked those runs very carefully as I was running for my late aunt/godmother and my Dad, so the fact that they are now nonexistent left me wondering what I could do to raise money this year? I posted this on Facebook to see if anyone had any suggestions and my friend Kelly suggested the Heartbeat Run which is happening in Edmonton in September. The money raised is going to the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute which I think is a great cause. I have an email out to them to find out if strollers are allowed on the course for the 5K or 10K walk and if they are I may do the walk with Kendrick! If not, I'll have to decide whether I'll be ready for a 5K or 10K run at that point. Considering I'll be doing a half marathon at the end of October, I may opt for the 10K run to get my legs in gear, but we'll have to see how it goes. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself just in case, but I'm excited to know that I will have a fundraising run to look forward to this year and raise money for a good cause in memory of my Dad. 

Another walk I'm thinking of doing is the 5K Canada Day Road Race first thing in the morning on Canada Day. Last year I did the 15K (not knowing I was pregnant, there were a bunch of hills and I still managed a PR!) and I loved the route. It was a lot of fun! This year I'm not sure I'll be ready to run a 15K at that point, but I may do the 5K with Kendrick to get the legs moving. I really want him to love the jogging stroller and coming to exercise with Mommy so that he gets used to it and I can get in shape while still spending time with him! The 15K was hilly and quite challenging but I think the 5K will be a lot of fun. 

I miss running. Can you tell? :) 30 days until April 20th!



0 comments:

Post a Comment