Thursday, April 9, 2015

.Crazy

I'm. Going. Bonkers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not bored with the little man; Kendrick keeps me entertained (and tired) all day and he's wonderful. But I'm going slightly crazy being cooped up in the house, especially when the weather is really nice! As much as I love catching up on Friends on Netflix, watching TV all day is very boring. 11 more days until my six week appointment where I'm really hoping I get the OK to carry the carseat so Kendrick & I can start going out during the day! I have my eye on Mommy & Me yoga classes, some walks around the neighborhood and in the river valley, and making visits to my office and Brian's office so that our co-workers can get some baby time! Every time I see someone running I get really antsy - I miss it so much! I can't wait to get back into it!

My incision is healing really nicely - they sewed it up so well that you almost can't even tell it's there! Other than having a little difficulty still getting out of bed or sitting for long periods of time I am feeling pretty good. It's starting to hurt less and less when I cough, sneeze or laugh so I'm hoping the healing process is going well. 

Yesterday I opened the door to let the dog out and saw how amazingly gorgeous it looked outside and got the bright idea that maybe I'll try to figure out the Baby Bjorn carrier we got and take Kendrick on a quick walk! I got really excited, except that Kendrick was screaming and didn't want to sit still while I took it out of the box to try and figure out how to put it together, so I gave that up for the time being. 

Have I mentioned 11 more days until my six week appointment?

This weekend I'm meeting up with a two of my best friends from elementary and junior high at Urban Diner - I'm hoping that I can get the crab cake eggs benedict that I've been craving for months! One of my friends had her little guy the night before Kendrick was born (and in the same hospital) so I feel like they are born to be best friends. We reconnected at a fundraiser dinner a few years ago after not seeing each other for over 10 years, so it's been really awesome to share this whole new Mom experience together!

I can't believe it but Kendrick is one month old today! Time is flying really fast! Some people think he looks more like me, and others think he looks like Brian - I think he's perfect. I take a picture of him looking adorable almost every day (and my phone's memory is slightly full because of it) and it's amazing to see the changes that have happened in the last month! I've been searching Pinterest for some ideas on monthly pictures we can do with him and got some great ones! However why is it that when I try it it doesn't look nearly as good as it does on Pinterest? Damn you, perfect pictures on Pinterest! In any case, Kendrick looks cute and that's really all that matters. Since we didn't have a doctor's appointment today I couldn't get the exact weight so I weighed myself carrying him and then weighed myself without him to get his weight. Hopefully my scale at home is semi-reliable.



I'm thinking that Kendrick & I may go sit on the deck for a bit and soak up some of the sunshine we're getting with this early summer weather. Thank you, Mother Nature!

xo
-Dianne

PS: I've been using Stella & Dot's "Keep it in the Bag" diaper bag and it is AWESOME. Pockets for anything and everything. It's cute and it works for boys and girls - and it's not even too girly for Dad to carry! It also comes with a travel friendly changing pad, which I've used and comes in really handy when my son decides to pee as soon as the diaper comes off! When I go out, I throw my wallet in there and use it as my purse too. It just got a price reduction so go check it out by clicking here!

PPS: Forgot to mention, Kendrick & I are going to VEGAS for Stella & Dot's yearly sales conference in July!! I am so excited! More about that in a future post - but feel free to throw any baby traveling tips my direction for the time being! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment